We can identify four main requirements to achieve a winning Cloud migration:
1. A company’s cultural change, that consists in:
- an enrichment of the IT and security teams’ competences in order to support the Cloud workloads
- the adoption of iterative and agile approaches
- the adoption of the DevOps methodology
- the definition of at least on team exclusively dedicated to the Cloud strategy and another one Team more operative, focused more on its adoption
- increase the collaboration and the integration between IT managers and business ones
2. The initial workload definition, dividing it by priorities to be migrated within the first two or three releases. Depending on the chosen migration strategy, the following code and infrastructure changes will be managed.
3. The Cloud hosting dimension that will receive the migrated resources must satisfy the minimum requirements to host the first workload to be migrated. Monitoring the Cloud platform costs is also fundamental to satisfy the fixed strategic objectives concerning also the economic aspect.
4. To have a clear software’s application, architecture and network map in order to detect eventual constraints related to the interdependences that have to be analyzed before the migration starts.
Kiratech, according to its big experience in this field, is the right partner able to guide your company in the strategic and technique choices, adapting them to the actual environment of the company in order to bring it to the Cloud Native Enterprise.